Bowtie’s mission is to make insurance good again and our vision is to build a category-defining health insurance company.
As a young and fast-growing company, grooming and learning from the next generation is always our priority. We are looking for great talents who share our values to
bring back the good of insurance: protecting people and their families. We are here to offer protection-focused, transparent, and truly customer-centric insurance products to the public by combining our tech capability and domain expertise.
About the Role
You will be working in a fast-paced organization that promotes cross-functional collaboration. As an actuarial manager, you are instrumental in making sure that we are having a healthy, comprehensive view of our business, so as to prepare for our future growth and expansion, and at the same time making sure that we are adopting and complying with the latest reporting standards..
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
You will be the ultimate owner of actuarial reporting (actuarial valuation, solvency reporting, and management reports). Key responsibilities include:
- Providing financial projections and business insights and monitoring solvency risk and position. With the support of other members, you will produce/review actuarial reports and other financial reports
- Enhancing our reports, reporting capabilities, and process, including working with the team to automate repetitive processes across the reporting pipeline
- Methodology and basis review: support review and challenge the reasonableness of actuarial approach, methodology, assumptions, simplifications and any actuarial judgments applied in IFRS17 reporting, to ensure compliance with the underlying IFRS 17 policies, controls, and risk framework including participation in basis review committees
- Managing, mentoring, and reviewing the work of junior team members for consistency, reasonableness, comprehensiveness, and suitability for the purpose
- You could also participate in ad hoc projects that fit your interests and skills!
On top of gaining managerial experience and further enriching your technical capability, you will also get to see the bigger picture and be involved in the decision-making process.
- 4-6 years of actuarial experience or similar insurance/financial roles
- Strong analytical and systems-thinking mindset
- Problem-solving mindset coupled with communication skills
- Technical knowledge of insurance/actuarial (i.e. Risk-Based Capital, IFRS17)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular, MS Excel
- Knowledge of Python is definitely an advantage
- Energetic personality and good team player - we move fast and we leave no one behind!
- Last, but not least, you are excited about building an actuarial function in a digital insurance company!
Apart from a great career path and an opportunity to do good and do well, we also offer:
- Competitive package
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits include medical/ dental coverage and wellness programs
- Fun, co-operative, and flexible startup culture
- Weekly sharing sessions and regular social gatherings
- Excellent learning opportunities with Professional Development Sponsorship
We are the first licensed virtual insurer (虛擬保險公司) in Hong Kong.
We believe that insurance is fundamentally good, and we are here to bring the good back through our passionate, innovative, and customer-centric team.
By combining our deep domain expertise and our own proprietary modern technology, we are building one of the most iconic, category-defining health insurance companies in Asia.
We take pride in moving fast all the time and our track record in moving ahead in the game. Our digital insurance platform is also ranked #2 in the world in Sia Partners' 2023 report.
As we grow, we're always looking for highly dynamic, hands-on, and passionate talent to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you will grow together with strong talents from different backgrounds and build products and services that bring a positive impact on the lives of millions of people in Hong Kong / Asia, apply to our opening today!
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability, or family status in the employment process.