Bowtie’s mission is to make insurance good again and our vision is to build a category-defining health insurance company.
As a young and fast-growing company, grooming and learning from the next generation is always our priority. We seek great talents who share our values to drive and maintain smooth and reliable accounting and financial operations as we scale.
About the Role
You will be working in a fast-paced organization that promotes cross-functional collaboration and are entrusted with ensuring that our day-to-day accounting operations are running smoothly and timelily.
Your Key Responsibilities Include:
- Payment Processing:
- Handle the end-to-end payment processing operations, including premium collections, claims disbursements.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in recording payment transactions in the company’s systems.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to resolve payment-related issues and inquiries promptly.
- Follow up with the banks on receipt and payment issues.
- Reconciliation and Reporting:
- Reconcile payment records with bank statements and internal financial records to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prepare regular reports on payment transactions, outstanding payments, and reconciliation status.
- Conduct analysis to identify discrepancies, variances, and opportunities for process improvement.
- Operations Process Improvement:
- Identify opportunities to streamline payment processes, enhance efficiency, and reduce operational risks.
- Support the creation of SOPs
The success of this role will be measured by:
- Accuracy and TaT of payment processing
- Quality of reports
- Timeliness delivery of the deliverables
1. 2 years of experience in accounting/ financial operations in an insurance company or financial institution.
2. Detail minded and extremely sensitive to numbers and data
3. Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and at least one accounting system
4. Good command of spoken and written English and Cantonese
5. A great team player with independent and strong interpersonal skill, who value the growth of the team and himself/ herself
And, the following qualifications are preferred but not essential
- previous knowledge on Sunsystem
Apart from a great career path and an opportunity to do good and do well, we also offer:
- Competitive package
- Flexible working hours
- Benefits include medical/ dental coverage and wellness programs
- Fun, co-operative, and flexible startup culture
- Weekly sharing sessions and regular social gatherings
- Excellent learning opportunities with Professional Development Sponsorship
We are the first licensed virtual insurer (虛擬保險公司) in Hong Kong.
We believe that insurance is fundamentally good, and we are here to bring the good back through our passionate, innovative, and customer-centric team.
By combining our deep domain expertise and our own proprietary modern technology, we are building one of the most iconic, category-defining health insurance companies in Asia.
We take pride in moving fast all the time and our track record in moving ahead in the game. Our digital insurance platform is also ranked #2 in the world in Sia Partners' 2023 report.
As we grow, we're always looking for highly dynamic, hands-on, and passionate talent to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career where you will grow together with strong talents from different backgrounds and build products and services that bring a positive impact on the lives of millions of people in Hong Kong / Asia, apply to our opening today!
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purposes.
The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability, or family status in the employment process.